Tuesday 22 November 2016

Encarnacion turns down the deal?

Edwin Encarnacion, the beloved parrot walker of Toronto, has turned down the $80 million, 4 year offer the Blue Jays offered him. In my opinion, I thought that was a fantastic deal. He would be paid tons and play in Toronto until he is 37. I guess he thought otherwise. The only other reasonable teams he could be going to are the

  1. Boston Red Sox (God, I hope not)
  2.  Houston Astros (I doubt it, but can you imagine a lineup with Encarnacion, Altuve, AND Evan Gattis?!)
  3. Texas Rangers (Even worse than Boston I'm going to barf if this actually happens)
  4. New York Yankees (Holy crap, he will be the most hated player in the A.L. East if he goes THERE. Are you kidding me?)
As you can tell, if the Blue Jays don't take another shot, he is most likely going straight to a rival team. How about he just stays here and everybody can just rest easy knowing that Justin Smoak won't get a lot of playing time? I think that's the best option.

No comments:

Post a Comment