Thursday 20 October 2016

The Blue Jays Migrate South for the Winter

The Toronto Blue Jays' season ended yesterday at the hands of the Cleveland Indians and now the city of Toronto will not see any baseball until April.  Surprisingly, I didn't feel as bad as I thought I would of. Cleveland out-played us in every aspect of the game and quite frankly, we deserved it. Our pitchers were amazing as well but our offense went dry as it seemed to do all season long. This season did not exceed my expectations. I'm sure every fan thought that the offense was going to bomb and that our pitching rotation would be mediocre, but that wasn't the case. Our pitching rotation was the best in the American League and our offense was not. That really surprised me. We barely made it to the playoffs and our offense was hot and cold. If I have any expectations for next season, it would be to have a more balanced lineup (more speed, more left-handed bats). Our pitching rotation is going to be strong and our bullpen will hold up like it did for most of the season (remember Drew Storen and Jesse Chavez?). I do expect us to go to the playoffs again and maybe we will be even better prepared. Remember this though, baseball playoffs are a crap shoot and all we have to go is get in to be a contender for the elusive World Series. Do you guys think that we will make it to the Post Season three years in a row?  

No comments:

Post a Comment